GloriaLaw logo
AV-Preeminent Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
Martindale Hubbell
swift fierce and female with sword of justice

Can I sue the driver of the car I was riding in if I was injured in a Florida car accident?


You can sue the driver of the car in which you were a passenger if that driver was at fault. As long as this person is not a resident relative of yours. So if it's a friend of yours and they're driving the car and they're at fault in the accident, you can bring a case. It's not against the actual driver, of course,  it's against the insurance coverage. You can also bring an uninsured motorist case against the insurance company in which you're a passenger of the car if the other person was at fault in a Florida car accident.

See more Car Accident Law Videos:

What is the purpose of obtaining uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage?

Should I take photographs of the scene of my Florida car accident?

Should I go to the doctor after my Florida car accident?

If your family has experienced a Florida car accident injury of any kind in Stuart, Port St Lucie or Fort Pierce call The Law Office of Gloria Seidule for your FREE case evaluation 772-287-1220.