Have you got a case for personal injury attorneys in Port St. Lucie? What makes your case right for a personal injury law firm? And what constitutes personal injury under the law? Read on for your complete guide to personal injury claims in Port St. Lucie.
What constitutes a personal injury under the law in Port St. Lucie?
Not just any injury incurred can be used as grounds to file a lawsuit. In fact, personal injury under the law is defined as an injury sustained through the wrongdoing or negligence of another person. This means that your injury was through no fault of your own. This definition also means that there are many types of injuries, both physical and psychological that can make your case appropriate for apersonal injury attorney. Some of these may include:
- Injury as a result of medical malpracticeThis can include everything from surgical errors, unnecessary radiation and chemotherapy, negligence in the emergency room or mistakes with medication.
- Infections from hospitalsThis is when conditions in the hospital are not completely sanitary resulting in an infection that wasn’t present when the patient was administered.
- Sexual abuse of a minor, whether injury was physical or psychologicalThis is a particularly sensitive subject and incidents have occurred at schools, playgrounds, day care centers, sports grounds and libraries.
- Children’s injuriesThis can be anything from the physical abuse of a minor by a caregiver or teacher, lack of maintenance on playground equipment resulting and much more.
- Auto accidentsDrivers of vehicles involved may try to blame you for your own injury. Through investigation and testimony, victims can be the compensation they deserve.
If you have been the victim of personal injury, you may have the right case for our personal injury law firm in Port St. Lucie. Visit our website or contact us at GloriaLaw for guaranteed experience.