Florida is one of the top five states in the country when it comes to car accidents. Each day, nearly 1,100 drivers are involved in a crash! If you’re involved in a car accident in Stuart or Port St Lucie, you may have to deal with police reports, legal issues, insurance companies, medical providers, and car repairs. An experienced Florida car accident attorney can help protect your rights and maximize any compensation you may be entitled to.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Knowing in advance what to do after a car accident can make all the difference in how the experience affects you.
- Stop, move the car to a safe location, if possible, and check yourself for injuries.
- Call 911 if you need medical assistance and to report the accident to the police.
- Gather information from everyone involved: names, phone numbers, addresses, the vehicle makes and models, license plates, and insurance information.
- Take pictures of all vehicles and the accident scene.
- If injured, seek treatment within 14 days as required by Florida’s PIP auto insurance.
- Call your insurer, tell them you were involved in an accident, and give them a truthful account of the event.
- Take your car to a repair shop and get an estimate on the damage.
Finally, do not quickly take any settlement your insurance company may offer until you’ve spoken to an accident attorney. Accident victims often don’t display signs of injuries until days or weeks after the event. You don’t want to accept a settlement that doesn’t adequately compensate you for any losses, including wages.
Talk to a Florida Car Accident Attorney Today
The Law Office of Gloria Seidule can guide you through the legal steps you should take in every stage of your car accident case. Contact us today for a free consultation at 772-287-1220.
Related Car Accident Information:
Auto Accident Police Report FAQs
How Much do Car Accident Attorney's Charge?
Hiring a Car Accident Attorney FAQs
Car Accident Brain Injury FAQs
What to do During and After a Car Accident
Proving Fault in a Car Accident
Lost Wages & Claims from a Car Accident
Who pays a Car Accident Medical Bill?
Can I Claim Pain & Suffering from a car Accident?
What are my Auto Repair Options?
Advice on Filling Your Car Accident Insurance Claim